[Olpc-socal] Physics With the XO (in Spanish) by Trinidad Guzman of Uruguay

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 02:40:16 EDT 2013

Hi All,
Back in 2011 attended an international meeting of OLPC and Sugar Labs volunteers in Montevideo. An Uruguayan science teacher, Guzman Trinidad, demonstrated many wonderful sensors that he made to do experiments  with XOs in his science classes. Well, he has just finished writing a book: Physics with the XO
I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but it looks like it will be a wonderful resource for science teachers both in high school and even in middle school physical science. It is, of course, all in Spanish. You can see the book at: https://sites.google.com/site/solymar1fisica/fisica-con-xo-investigacion-/fisica-con-xo-el-libro
I hope there will be an effort to translate it into other languages. As a retired science teacher, I can tell you my students and I would have really enjoyed learning with these experiments. Check it out!
Caryl