[Olpc-socal] RPi?

Steven Pease spease at ucla.edu
Tue Jan 15 02:23:08 EST 2013

We (me and some others at the Hacker Dojo in Mountain View) are using a
Raspberry Pi to run ROS in order to build a sub-$500 component-cost robot.
We've played around with the GPIO pins, and one person is currently setting
up an RPi virtual machine (and has been very successful). There are a
number of people in the Homebrew Robotics Club here who have been using
Raspberry Pi for various robots, similarly running ROS; Willow Garage has
announced that they are going to start supporting Raspberry Pi, to reduce
duplicate effort.

- Steven