[Olpc-socal] SCaLE Update for OLPC-socal

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at rhsrider.net
Tue Feb 5 16:32:27 EST 2013

hi caryl,
i would like to help setup and attend to both the informal fri and sat
eating situations as per your email (below) 323.268-0395-c

On Mon, February 4, 2013 9:21 pm, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

Hi Folks,

Here is the latest info on SCaLE 11X which is coming up soon on Friday Feb
22-Sunday Feb 24 at the Hilton LAX. We probably have enough people for the
booth and are running short on coupons for volunteers. If some of you
haven't signed up, and really want to help, I can ask for more coupons,
they have given them to us in the past.

Ticket/pass/discount info:
If you want to just come for the exhibit hall one day, you will not need a
full access pass, just an exhibit hall pass. We have been given a special
code for our members to use when they buy tickets. Students and teachers
have been 50% off all along, but now our other members can use the
discount code "OLPC" and they will also receive a 50% discount. That makes
the exhibit hall cost just $5 and the full pass just $35. Nice!

Out of Town OLPC Folks:
We will have four interesting people coming from out of town to help with
the booth. You may enjoy meeting and talking with. Aaron Borden, a young,
enthusiastic software developer from the Bay area who is very active in
the OLPC-SF group; Tony Anderson, a retired programmer who is currently
installing open source school servers and training reachers in Africa
(Lesotho and Rwanda); George Hunt (you may have met him last year), who is
another programmer of servers who has done a lot of work in Haiti and
plans to bring an XO-4 and a Raspberry Pi, and Manu Gupta, a visiting
software developer from India who has done a lot of developing for OLPC.

Friday Feb 22 evening informal get-together (5:30 PM-7:30 PM)
Some of us will be doing the preliminary set-up of the OLPC/Sugar Labs
booth late Friday afternoon and going to dinner at Denny's afterward at
about 5:30PM or 6 PM. We will need to be back to the hotel by 7:45 PM
because some of us need to go to the evening "UPSCALE" event at 8 PM. If
you would like to join us, you can either meet us at the exhibit hall, or
at Dennys on Century Blvd. Please let me know if you plan to join us so we
can be sure there is a place for you at the table! Send your name and cell
phone number to me in a private email if you are coming.

Saturday Feb 23 evening dinner at local restaurant (TBD) 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
Saturday evening there will be another chance to get together over dinner.
I'm looking for suggestions for a good place within walking distance of
the Hilton. Again, if you would like to join us on Saturday evening,
please send me a private email, including your cell phone number.

I'll send any new info as it becomes available. Watch your email.

Hope to see you all soon!
Caryl

I�m moderate on extroversion.
http://teknowledgy.org - http://jessesharps.net - http://esticks.info -