[Olpc-socal] [support-gang] Caryl's Been Hacked. Don't open any messages from her unless the subject is something you know is from her! Maybe me too!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:17:14 EDT 2012

Hi...
I doubt it was the password that was the problem... it was probably because I clicked on the link... it was an ad for some type of weight loss product (probably not FDA approved). Then to make it worse, I replied back to the neighbor it appeared to be from, telling her it looked like she had been hacked. If all I had done was open the email and closed it without doing anything else, it probably would have been ok. At first I had thought the email might be something about our homeowners association... that's why I opened it. Live and learn!
I have a new password now and will take steps to switch to a new email provider.
Caryl