[Olpc-socal] SCaLE 10X Is Just 2 Weeks Away!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:03:01 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

Well, SCaLE 10X is just 2 weeks away and things are shaping up nicely for our booth in the expo hall. I have a nice list of volunteers who have registered and I'll work this weekend on scheduling times for Saturday and Sunday.  I need to confirm the times the hall is open and when various sessions and events are happening and then allow all of you who signed up to pick your preferred times to be in the booth.

Our booth will have a triple focus this year: (1) what is happening in the world of OLPC and Sugar Labs;  (2) volunteering (including the Contributors Program); and (3) Sugar On A Stick.  In the booth, we will again have some XOs for people to try, and plan to have a Video featuring DVDs about Worldwide deployments and opportunities for participating as a volunteer and in the Contributors Program.

We are also working very hard to be able to set up a "Sugar on a Stick Creation" station as a part of the booth.  It will require both Mac and PC versions.  i am currently working on getting a Mac version to work.  If anyone has had any success with the PC version, which is much easier, please let me know! If you want links for this, just ask!  If you will be at SCaLE you can help us figure out how to do it.  If you aren't attending, perhaps you can teach someone else.

If you wanted to volunteer to help with the booth, we may still be able to fit you in.  It looks like we will be over the 10 max originally allowed, but SCalE has generously agreed to let us have a few extras.  If you missed out… please contact me by email at caryl at laptop.org  I'll send you another copy of the registration instructions for volunteers.

Just a reminder… Saturday the 21st will be the big day for educators and youth as there will be special events (OSSIE and Next Generation) so if you have a family and would like to attend, that is one of the days you will want to come. You can find out more and see the schedule at:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x

Caryl