[Olpc-socal] Monday olpc/sugar *MapMaking JAM* LA/SoCal (7PM PST / 10PM EST)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Feb 27 14:14:21 EST 2011

Emails I've received all wkd are evidence of the infectious spirit
Caryl's brought to so, so many, Thanks for your absolutely non-stop work
organizing Caryl! (as I hide in the true Northern CA here ;)

So many of us are looking forward to all your stories Monday night, as
we help you map this year's contributions from
http://socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x volunteers, _and award a Red XO to the
community project you believe best showcases (on map) OLPC/Sugar
progress & possibility:
_
    7pm PST (10pm EST)

     +1 866 213-2185    or    +1 609 454-9914
     Access Code: 1671650#

Backchannel:

     http://forum.laptop.org/chat
     (that's #olpc-help on irc.freenode.net)

Thanks for inviting your truest LA edutech gangs -- it's no coincidence
Los Angeles and Latin America share initials ;)  Making sure everyone
who wants to jump in to showcase+beautify their hard-fought education
technology project -- now has that chance, after 3 years.  Or even just
3 days for new folks!

Following Caryl's pioneering 2009 lead (http://j.mp/erEQQJ,
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Southern_California_OLPC_Projects), everyone
now has this golden opportunity for Mapmaking Together: bringing
independent edutech projects onto everybody's community map.  Even if
only http://twitter.com/SweetXOGrannie herself (Teacher Caryl & secret
support team AKA husband) could bring these Southern California
after-school experiments & accomplishments full circle :) Please join us
Monday evening -- exceptional and diverse efforts appearing here soon!

http://olpcMAP.net?go=greater_los_angeles
http://olpcMAP.net?go=southern_california

/PS If *you* want to co-lead one of our weekly mapmaking events or
schedule your own, to activate STREETS-IS-TALKIN' participation around
educational technology in any school/city/region -- even if it's not all
OLPC/Sugar -- definitely please contact me, and we'll give you the tools
:) holt at laptop.org <mailto:holt at laptop.org>

/*Weekly Spring Calendar evolving here, thanks to volunteers everywhere:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP*

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !