[Olpc-socal] New Volunteer Introduction

Christian Bryant christianabryant at linux.com
Wed Feb 9 13:18:23 EST 2011

To the OLPC SoCal group,

Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself to the OLPC SoCal folks.
 My name is Christian Bryant and I'm a UNIX/Linux professional
currently working at UCLA HealthSystem.  I'm a Los Angeles native and
live here with my wife and 3-year-old daughter.  My background is
primarily software configuration management and project management of
systems using GNU/Linux.  Regarding OLPC, I've run Sugar on a Stick,
and more recently a VirtualBox image of Mirabelle and Mango.  I'm
drawn to OLPC for a variety of reasons, initially due to the GNU/Linux
connection, though more relevant now that I have a daughter and am
raising her to be a servant to humanity, in the best of ways :)

The original call for volunteers I answered was for curators and
maintainers to organize "our exploding corpus of public and private
Support Documentation" and manuals. It called for a "literary, social,
organized and driven volunteer" but I took a chance and applied
anyway! I'm currently working with Adam Holt to flesh out my
responsibilities, but have already buried myself deep into the mindset
of documentation curator, with hopes of working toward enhancement of
olpcMAP - seeking to add and encourage genuine stories and
perspectives on the map when OLPC/Sugar
news/blogs/documentation/etcetera has a real geo-connection (Adam's
words!).

I look forward to chatting and exchanging ideas in the near future,
and for any additional information you can contact me at any of the
means below.

Cheers,

Christian Bryant,
UNIX/Linux Professional