[Olpc-socal] Who knows SMS Technology?

Israel Lopez israel at ilopez.com
Tue Sep 7 00:08:03 EDT 2010

Hello OLPC Socal,

Anyone out there well versed with integrating SMS with a custom
application?  Interested in lending an ear on how to do it? Any FOSS out
there and how do we connect with a Telco; especially in a foreign country?

I was recently approached by a Researcher friend who asked me how she could
use SMS to improve Public Health, I've heard of it at Ushahidi and other
projects; but I am not sure how it is done, and we all know the devil is in
the details.  If you know SMS, or know someone who could join a conference
call, please send them to the doodle here:
http://doodle.com/2gxyfw2nbkn2scww - mark your availability and leave me a
message when you can join.

Once we have a few people, and we know the time I will send out
gotomeeting/conference call number to the meeting where the most of us can
join.

I hope we can figure this out for her!

-Izzy!