[Olpc-socal] Sugar & GDM on Ubuntu - Re: Apple iBooks Clamshell

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:33:30 EDT 2010

Hi...
If I am reading this right, it is potentially huge!  Are you saying that you have been able to run a version of Sugar on a PPC (Power PC)?  There are so many of these older Apple G3 machines still out in homes and schools, that having the ability to bring "new life" to them through using Sugar would be a very important step towards bringing this open source software to thousands (or more) children.
Would it be possible for someone to write up a very detailed, non-technical explanation of how to do this to post on the Sugar Labs and or OLPC wikis?
Caryl