[OLPC-SF] Trouble trying to upgrade a very old OLPC XO ...

Krishnan R.S. rskrishnan at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:21:36 EST 2010

Ah success at last!The USB drive was being recognized but the firmware I had was _ancient_.So I first upgraded to q2e41 using the .rom file from http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/q2e41/After that the upgrade using the os852.img and fs.zip - worked like a charm.I lost some pics that I had taken - but that is a minor loss compared to an upgraded _and_ functional XO.
A couple of odd things though:Now the apps are a lot more complex and seem to take longer :)The mouse/touchpad seems a bit flaky - it seems to move even if I move my hand close to the touchpad (not actually touch it) - and the pointer is hard to position since it seems to "jump" when I take my finger off the pad. I'm assuming this is a firmware upgrade issue? Should I upgrade to q2e45?  <= it seems to be the last firmware fix for the XO-1 - so is it safe?
Thank you very much for your help in pointing me to the upgrade wiki page - I explored the wiki early on but had no real luck finding this exact page.
Thanks,Krishnan

--

Krishnan Subramaniam

rskrishnan at hotmail.com