[OLPC-SF] Another Charger Solution

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:25:41 EST 2010

I was recently in need of an extra charger. I spoke to Joachim via
email asking about the car chargers. Evidently replacement or
additional chargers are an FAQ.
http://www.ilovemyxo.com/product/xo-power-adapter.html is not in stock
right now and I hear those chargers heat up too much for the 1.5 power
draw anyway. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Battery_and_power#Mechanical
talks about some of the charger experiments that have taken place. A
suggestion from Joachim is to use
plus a car charger available for sale from the XO Repair Center.  I
ordered one today to try it out. I will bring it to the next meeting.

Thank you Ron for reselling me one of the car chargers at our last meeting.

Grant Bowman