[OLPC-SF] Trouble trying to upgrade a very old OLPC XO ...

Joachim Pedersen joachimp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 21:26:16 EST 2010

> Perhaps the 4gb drive is too big ?
It might not be formatted in such a way that the firmware can
recognize it. Have you tried formatting the usb drive. It should be
formatted FAT or FAT32 with only one partition. Do you have another
flash drive you can try? Some times certain usb drives don't seem to
work for flashing.
see: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/USB_drive#USB_drives_and_firmware

> Copy the o852.img to my usb drive (I'm assuming a FAT formatted 4GB usb
> drive is fine?)
> Copy the fs.zip file to the drive.
> Add the usb drive to one of the slots.
> Press _all_ 4 gamepad keys and power on the laptop.
This is correct, if it is going to work, it starts automatically
re-flashing the laptop once you release the game pad keys.

-Joachim