[OLPC-SF] Trouble trying to upgrade a very old OLPC XO ...

Krishnan R.S. rskrishnan at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 20:31:53 EST 2010

Hey Joachim,   Thanks for the pointer to the wiki page. I did try this following these steps:Copy the o852.img to my usb drive (I'm assuming a FAT formatted 4GB usb drive is fine?)Copy the fs.zip file to the drive.Add the usb drive to one of the slots.Press _all_ 4 gamepad keys and power on the laptop.
I get some messages that indicate that the usb drive is recognized.Then it drops into the usual boot process and then gets stuck after it displays the login: prompt.I get some messages about CRC errors and then it's an infinite loop to login: and then an error message which disappears too quickly to read.
Note the error messages + looping used to happen before my attempt to upgrade using USB.Is there something I should look for when the usb device is recognized ? Perhaps the 4gb drive is too big ?
Thanks,Krishnan

--

Krishnan Subramaniam

rskrishnan at hotmail.com