[OLPC-SF] Last minute call for help for an event

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:42:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Cherry Withers <cwithers at ekindling.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I apologize for the last minute request. We just got confirmation of this
> today.
>
> eKindling is fortunate enough to be invited to this event and given a free
> booth for two days: www.pistahan.net
> A great way to get to know Philippine culture and drum up support for our
> Philippine pilot and upcoming
> SF summit. I am offering free lumpia and pancit to available volunteers who
> can bring their XOs and stay
> for a couple of hours to talk about the innards of the machine.
>
> I only have one XO 1.0 and hoping to borrow a couple from the lending
> library but Sameer (is there an alternative contact?)
> is currently soaking up the sun in Jamaica. Would anyone kindly let us
> borrow their laptops for just the weekend?
> We very much prefer that you'd be there too!
>
> Can anyone please send me a link to a flyer of the summit that I can print
> out and distribute? I can do a mock-up
> if you tell me the information to include.
>
> Thanks!
> Cherry

Hi Cherry,
The flyers aren't done...waiting for artwork and other details.
Elizabeth Krumbach would know more about the artwork, etc. I'm out of
town for two weeks at Univ. of West Indies, Jamaica. We have two
deployments here that just got funded, so not so much soaking in the
Sun (its definitely not foggy and 50F like SF), but definitely very
exciting.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems