[OLPC-SF] Berkeley California XO Laptop One Laptop Per Child User Group forming

Gerald geraldca at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 23 13:31:58 EDT 2008

Berkeley California XO Laptop One Laptop Per Child User Group forming

How will you use your XO Laptop from One Laptop Per Child? Let's share our
enthusiasm and discoveries about this new collaborative learning tool for
children of all ages.

We can share what we've learned about how to use and enjoy the XO Laptop.
Let's start a Berkeley area XO Laptop user group. Anyone with a curiosity
about this amazing laptop that is changing children's education around the
world is encouraged to attend.

I hope our User group will be a mix of old and young, serious geeks and
curious people with little computer experience.

I suggest we meet once a week. Please email or telephone me with suggestions
of meeting times and places in the Berkeley area.

What can a user group do for you; and by the way what is a user group? A
user group is a group of people who get together to share their knowledge
and enthusiasm. We are all volunteers, no  one charges anyone for teaching
others how to use the XO laptop. The meeting place could be at a Starbucks
(free T-Mobile internet access for XO Laptop give1get1) or other locations
in the Berkeley area. Bring your curiosity, enthusiasm, and your XO Laptop
if you have one.

Gerald Baron
geraldca at sbcglobal.net
(415) 377-4349 cell