[OLPC-SF] June meeting items...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jun 18 08:37:15 EDT 2008

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Usually we have freeform meetings, but if anyone is interested in
>> presenting some of their work or talking about interesting ideas, let me
>> know and I'll put you up on the agenda.
>>

> I can talk a bit about Sugar Labs, the Illinois Children's Low-Cost
> Laptop Act, and planning for XO events at various conferences, all
> things that I have a hand in. When some of my friends get their
> software ready to submit as XO activities, I can give demos, but we
> aren't at that point yet.

Hi Ed,

Sorry about the late response. I was traveling and I just got back to
SF. A general talk on Sugarlabs would be terrific. Other topics that you
have been working on would be good too. As for demos, we should start
planning out a list of items and perhaps populate the wiki page so that
we have a "trove" of items that can be addressed each month and have
some spillover for the next couple of months. I'll keep on looking for
meeting spaces in the mean time so that we can keep the momentum going.

Everyone on the list: *Please* feel free to pitch in!!! I have mentioned
this before and I do so again. Don't let me be the bottleneck. This is
your group too. Populate the wiki with ideas and let's get that fountain
of ideas going.

>> Additionally, announcing
>> specific topics in advance might bring in people who are interested in
>> what you are doing with your XO or OLPC in general. I hope we can get
>> some folks from Google at the meeting and hear from them if they have
>> any OLPC-related projects to share.
>>

> Make sure to let Chris DiBona know, and send announcements to the
> BayPiggies list. Guido van Rossum attends fairly frequently.

Chris already knows, but can't make it. If any of you are on BayPiggies,
please forward the meeting info. Other lists, please do the same. The
more the merrier. The Google location holds about 50 people.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University