[OLPC-SF] June meeting items...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 02:37:27 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> Usually we have freeform meetings, but if anyone is interested in
> presenting some of their work or talking about interesting ideas, let me
> know and I'll put you up on the agenda.

I can talk a bit about Sugar Labs, the Illinois Children's Low-Cost
Laptop Act, and planning for XO events at various conferences, all
things that I have a hand in. When some of my friends get their
software ready to submit as XO activities, I can give demos, but we
aren't at that point yet.

> Additionally, announcing
> specific topics in advance might bring in people who are interested in
> what you are doing with your XO or OLPC in general. I hope we can get
> some folks from Google at the meeting and hear from them if they have
> any OLPC-related projects to share.

Make sure to let Chris DiBona know, and send announcements to the
BayPiggies list. Guido van Rossum attends fairly frequently.

> Sameer
>
> --
> Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor of Information Systems
> San Francisco State University
> San Francisco CA 94132 USA
> http://verma.sfsu.edu/
> http://opensource.sfsu.edu/