[OLPC-SF] June meeting items...

steve camuti mrcamuti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 16:54:10 EDT 2008

Good day fellow OLPC newgroup members, short time lurker, first time poster
here,

I would be more than excited to attend... but sadly I am going to be
visiting friends in Boulder, CO when you all are meeting.
I would be highly interested in some compilation of the info discussed,
especially the man pages (I know I could google it, but I would prefer to
chat with someone about it).

I also noticed that there isn't a formal structure to the meetings, but I
would rather ask and have it be redundant than to not ask, so if we could
set aside some time at a future meeting (July?) to discuss successful hacks
people have done (such as installing the Quake terminal or re-mapping the
gaming buttons for tablet-mode browsing in Opera), or maybe just a forum to
get some help, that would be great. (In the cases mentioned above, remapping
the keys went grand, but I couldn't get Sugar to fully load once I attempted
to add Quake terminal. Reverting to backup and giving up is all I tried.)

Look forward to the meeting following June's and jealous of all who can
attend.
-Steve C