[OLPC-SF] June meeting items...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jun 18 08:45:52 EDT 2008

steve camuti wrote:
> Good day fellow OLPC newgroup members, short time lurker, first time
> poster here,
>
> I would be more than excited to attend... but sadly I am going to be
> visiting friends in Boulder, CO when you all are meeting.
>
> I would be highly interested in some compilation of the info
> discussed, especially the man pages (I know I could google it, but I
> would prefer to chat with someone about it).

I hope we can document what robert will be showing us. We should
probably throw it up on the wiki at http://wiki.laptop.org/ and have a
reference to it from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea

> I also noticed that there isn't a formal structure to the meetings,
> but I would rather ask and have it be redundant than to not ask, so if
> we could set aside some time at a future meeting (July?) to discuss
> successful hacks people have done (such as installing the Quake
> terminal or re-mapping the gaming buttons for tablet-mode browsing in
> Opera), or maybe just a forum to get some help, that would be great.
> (In the cases mentioned above, remapping the keys went grand, but I
> couldn't get Sugar to fully load once I attempted to add Quake
> terminal. Reverting to backup and giving up is all I tried.)

Excellent suggestion!!! We should have a catch-all slot on the agenda
for such hacks or "Fun with XO" type items. Maybe we should have a note
taker at the meetings. I tend to forget every detail :-)

> Look forward to the meeting following June's and jealous of all who
> can attend.
> -Steve C

We'll try to schedule the July meeting for July 12 or 19, depending on
space availability.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.