[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC XO-1 being listed in TipidPC.com, hopefully not from Contributor's program

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Wed Jan 12 12:51:41 EST 2011

Not cool at all. If it's from the Contributor's Program then it's still
OLPC's property.

eKindling keeps track of inventory of laptops that we get from CP and serial
numbers are registered with the XS (let me confirm with Ryan if this was the
case for the 7 that he took home last November). I took home 12 XO 1.0 last
April, 7 are from the Contributor's Program and 5 are from individual
donors. I know that the teachers and students took all of them except for
2.  All of those laptops are now turned over to the Lubang Municipality to
be used for a lending library, training of the tech support, and spare (all
of those registered with the XS). I ended up taking Jerome's XO back to the
US (sorry Jerome).

This is most unfortunate.