[OLPC-Philippines] Sugar translation status for Filipino language in Pootle

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:14:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Cherry Withers
<cherry.withers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah yes. I did try my hand at translating but my Tagalog was rusty. Also most
> of the terminology can be expressed in English. Another thing that I was
> concerned about is the use of Tagalog vs. other dialects that are gaining
> ground in the Philippines (Cebuano, Bisayan for example). So I'm not
> entirely sure if this is necessary and would satisfy the Filipino community
> where most Science and Math instructions are in English anyways?

True. I'd rather try to answer that question when the translation is
completed anyhow. It's better to have a completed translation than a
half baked one and left running. Besides, I need the practice :P

--
Cheers,

Jerome G.
http://www.google.com/profiles/jgotangco