[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC PH next meeting: Oct. 17, 2008 at 8PM PHT.

Mj Mendoza IV mjmendoza at ymail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:13:46 EDT 2008

> Another thing to check is the Sugar Labs roadmap for Sugar itself.
> Work for Sugar is now being made for other platforms like the eeePC
> and ClassmatePC as well as other operating systems.
"Sugar is free software, and contributing to it is a good thing to do.
But don't forget the goal: helpful contributions are those that make
Sugar better on free operating systems.  Porting to Windows is
permitted by the license, but it isn't a good thing to do." -- RMS (from  http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/can-we-rescue-olpc-from-windows)

I'm just concerned if we (all the OLPC volunteers in general) are
really helping out the OLPC Project in bringing out its core goals.

Regards.

Mj Mendoza IV,

Developer, KonsolScript

http://konsolscript.sourceforge.net