[Olpc-philippines] OLPC @ Ubuntu Love Day Manila?

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 10:41:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Ben-Hur Viray <bcviray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to help.  I have some contacts in UP Diliman that can probably
> assist us (UP ACM, Sir Rommel Feria, and Ms. Christine Clarin of the
> Department of Computer Science).  I had a chance to attend a meeting with
> Sandeep and Charles and with their permission, I can give some updates at
> UPD on what's happening in OLPCPH.

Hi Ben,

Thanks! I personally know Rom Feria - we're good buddies (online and
offline). Myra Siason of the DILC (http://dilc.upd.edu.ph/) is helping
me out with the organization of the event. We're just waiting for the
confirmation of the venue. She already sent the request to Dr. Caro as
well and waiting for reply. As for the OLPCPH updates, that would be
great and we'll add a slot for that specifically. I'm sure it will
generate renewed interest to the initiative.

--
Jerome