[Olpc-open] Re: open purchases --Olpc-open Digest, Vol 8, Issue 4

quixote gnome at greenglim.com
Sat Jan 13 22:05:17 EST 2007

Open purchases are an excellent idea for several reasons.  One is simply
that "more is better" in this case, as John pointed out.

Another reason is that it'll prevent a black market in these machines.
I was having visions of unsavory types "buying" the laptops off the kids
for pennies, and then reselling them to desperate-to-buy Westerners for
a few hundred dollars.  Obviously, when it's not only possible to buy
legally, but also to do good in the process, the profiteers won't even
start.

Re his point about an escrow account: let's go for it.  Where do I sign up?

Mia.

--
http://molvray.com/acid-test  http://molvray.com/sf