[Olpc-open] Awkward position of Network Computer in China

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Tue Feb 13 13:57:30 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 11:58 am, xuan wu wrote:
> There must be many reasons for the  computers left unused, but I think the
> pressure of living is one of them.

When Maria Montessori designed educational materials, the items that children
did not choose to use, but were left sitting on the shelves, were removed,
and she replaced them with other materials.   Let's consider what happens
when children are given OLPC computers for the first time later this month.

Yes, OLPC does stand for One Laptop Per Child.  You have to start somewhere.
I know a number of people, myself included, who would like to see it progress
to One Laptop Per Person.
John Kintree
http://home.swbell.net/jkintree/islt/