[Olpc-open] Re: [OLPC Security] Application bundles and delegation

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Tue Feb 13 10:19:39 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 09:08 am, Bipin Gautam wrote:
> Indeed! This could mean a way... even parents will be more intrested
> in interacting with the laptop. On top of it we could even add more
> localized websites that could mean lots to adults. Maybe websites like
> about agriculture ( daily price list, best practices etc) the
> possibilities are many. And they could interact with other parents

Good point.  Parents and neighbors will naturally learn through the exposure
they get as the children bring their laptops home.  By 2010, if prices have
fallen to $50 per laptop, the goal of One Laptop Per Person might be
feasible.  At that price, a quantity of 7 billion laptops would cost $350
billion, which is a fraction of global, annual military expenses.
John Kintree
http://home.swbell.net/jkintree/islt/