[Olpc-open] Re: [OLPC Security] Application bundles and delegation

Bipin Gautam bipin.gautam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:08:58 EST 2007

> Another example, In many parts of many countries, there's still no phone in
> most families. If the laptops can form a p2p network, which means it act as
> free cell phone in this network, will the parents or friends of the parents
> of the children "borrow" them from time to time to save some phone payment,
> only if there exists phone service in the area?
>
> There're just too many ways to let the adults take advantage of the kids and
> the mechanism seems not to protect the children's benefits enough.

Indeed! This could mean a way... even parents will be more intrested
in interacting with the laptop. On top of it we could even add more
localized websites that could mean lots to adults. Maybe websites like
about agriculture ( daily price list, best practices etc) the
possibilities are many. And they could interact with other parents
too...
-bipin