[Olpc-open] Homeschool Pilot using XO's

sholton sholton at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 6 20:50:04 EST 2007

Greetings all-

Is it feasible for me to set-up a complete XO pilot program for my
homeschool? Is there a roadmap for how to do this?

I'm getting 3 XO's for my three kids (4,8,11) from the G1G1 program
and was planning to use them as a part of the curriculum. It
occurred to me that this would be an excellent opportunity to
provide real-world usage data and kid-feedback to the developer
community.

Can I build a XS School Server using a generic PC and deploy a
complete-ish XO pilot program? Are the Active Antennae a necessity
or can I use 802.11 equipment instead? How close to a real-world
environment can I create without them?

Is there a G1G1 program for School Servers?

Thoughts?

--
Steve Holton
sholton at mindspring.com