[Olpc-open] Homeschool Pilot using XO's

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Thu Dec 6 22:52:16 EST 2007

Greetings,

Yes, it is very feasible to set up a pilot program for your homeschool. I've
crossed paths with several people doing or considering it but mostly in
co-op homeschooling.  What I haven't seen is anyone doing the same with
multiple ages.  I would love to see how it works out.

There isn't a G1G1 program for servers (yet), but the XS ecology is still
being revised.  The deployment countries are using debian servers and will
be updated dynamically as development continues.

It is possible to roll your own server.  With a proper eJabbered server
configuration it would be possible for your kids's laptops to collaborate
with each other from any internet connection they were on.  And each laptop
can connect to standard 802.11 hardware.

I'm working with two other test implementations in the US, trying to get
usage cases and examples of real-world data.  I would love to work with you
as well, if you're interested.