[Olpc-open] CMS, Moodle - for exploration-hosting

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:09:00 EST 2007

All - for those who might not be aware, the following links may be helpful;
perhaps someone could wikify them somewhere:

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/
- this is a very helpful site for doing comparison of the features in
different CMSes and LMSes.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/
- this site allows you to try live demos of various open source cmses and
lmses (including moodle)

http://www.opensourcehost.com/
- this hosting company has relatively inexpensive hosting plans for
individuals and organizations who would like to have a cms or lms -- they
will install it for you when you start an account (without charging an
installation/configuration fee, which is great). I think that I started a
Moodle instance so I could try it out using their service.

On Dec 6, 2007 9:58 AM, Nagarajan Vadivel <radius.consultancy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not aware of the WEBCT controversy but I know that the Black Board
> filed and obtained the patent for the whole gamut of elearning.  We resisted
> the move by BB and an assurance was extracted that BB will not go after
> opensource software such as Moodle
> I have a seperate server located in US for offering Moodle related service
> Let me know your indication on how to go ahead with these open source
> elearning frameworks.
> Nagarajan
>
> --
> visit : www.radiusconsultancy.com    www.radius.in    www.elearning.edu

Todd Kelsey

Save yourself from bloated email: http://www.sentenc.es/

About Me/CFTW | http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en

1000 Year Reunion (Poem) | http://welcome.cftw.com

Free Music by Me for You (mp3): http://www.cftw.com/music

"Fascinating for me to sit here and realize the interplay and influence that
music can have -- it is a part of my life, yet I haven't continued as I
could, partly out of thinking "there are more important things". but it has
it's place. i am sitting at olpc offices, and someone is playing pink floyd,
and I think music is a gift of creativity that can inspire an atmosphere of
creativity, and the range of such echoes is infinite." - Me