[OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary, Auckland - 19 May 2012

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Jun 3 07:39:59 EDT 2012

On 20/05/12 05:18, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Tom Parker<tom at carrott.org>  wrote:
>> Had an XO freeze shortly after flashing.
>
> In the firmware?

No, in the operating system, after entering a name and choosing a colour. I've also seen Whio (XO-1.75 SHC2050025B SKU204) freeze twice during or immediately after inserting a usb flash drive. I haven't been keeping a close watch, but I think Whio is the only laptop we've had freeze in the last couple of weeks.

>> The problem we reported with yum occurred again, in the morning I was able to install firefox, in the afternoon http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f17/repodata/primary.xml.gz is corrupt because it’s actually not gzipped. Is a cron job corrupting the repository? Full details in last week’s report.
>
> I can't find last weeks report. Please can you post it again?
> The repo is always generated by cron, so there shouldn't be any inconsistencies.
> I just checked, the file is definitely gzipped, and I can use yum to
> install things.

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-nz/2012-May/001517.html

I'm about to send last week's report where I observe the file being served with what seems to be an incorrect content type and/or transfer encoding.

>> Physics crashes when you use the grab tool, this appears to be http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3361 but that is an old ticket, and we test physics most weeks. Has there been an update to physics in build 10?
>
> Maybe you just forgot to use the grab tool?

I guess that's possible.