[OLPC New Zealand] [OLPC-AU] Testing Summary - Auckland 4 June

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 5 20:21:11 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 01:46:53PM +1200, Fabiana Kubke wrote:
> Nevyn looked at the problems with the network on an xo 1 and an xo 1.5
> both with 10.1.3.-au2 - On the neighbourhood view they do not detect
> any networks. The xo properties say 'wireless firmware not available'

Some of the Auckland XO-1.5 test laptops are early prototypes that have
either damaged wireless cards or will not work after a suspend and
resume cycle.  They will continue to cause you problems until you stop
using them or mark them clearly.  Give me the serial number and I'll
check them against the New Zealand inventory.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand/XO_inventory

(We've sent new units, but this results in expanding the test team ...
;-)

Meanwhile, please be sure to run a "test /wlan" in OpenFirmware so taht
you can identify whether it is the software build or the hardware or the
radio environment that is causing a particular problem.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/