[OLPC New Zealand] [OLPC-AU] Testing Summary - Auckland 4 June

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Jun 5 11:16:14 EDT 2011

On 5 June 2011 11:46, Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Present Nevyn, Fabiana
> Retested music 8 on 10.1.3.-au2 as per Sidhar's request. Still crashes but
> cannot consistently reproduce. Cannot find a common reason that causes the
> crash. It seems to be more stable when it is the only activity running

Did you get around to trying version 9? It has some fixes. Collecting
the log files in /home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs would be very handy
also.

> Nevyn looked at the problems with the network on an xo 1 and an xo 1.5 both
> with 10.1.3.-au2 - On the neighbourhood view they do not detect any
> networks. The xo properties say 'wireless firmware not available' - these
> were loaded with the same image than a third xo1.5 that does not seem to
> have this problem.  Could not find a solution.

Was this a production XO? We've seen this problem on one
pre-production XO-1.5, but never on a production one. Did it happen
after the XO resumed from suspend? It could be a power management
problem.

Cheers,
Sridhar