[olpc-nz] Today's/Tonight's QA Phone Call Conclusions & Unofficial Minutes

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Mar 4 04:46:15 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 08:03 +1100, James Cameron wrote:

> So here's the ticket query that shows only Tabitha's test request
> tickets:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/query ...

Wow, that search is much better than anything I've seen before on trac!

> > Problems arising out of test requests should be filed as regular bugs.
> > I'm used to jira, where we have different types of tickets, so you can
> > raise a bug, an improvement or a support request. Looking at
> > trac.sugarlabs.org, I don't see anything similar.
>
> Something must be wrong with your browser, the Sugar Labs trac instance
> certainly has ticket types.  Here's a query by type "task":
>
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?type=task

Oh I see, there is a "View Tickets" link which takes you to the real
Search, while the Search box takes you to the fake search which can't
actually reason on anything.

You might want to put a "Looking for the fancy ticket search? click
here" link on the search results page.

I'll feel my way around the trac on saturday and see if I can make a
sensible workflow for testing, unless one is already laid out somewhere?