[olpc-nz] [Testing] Improving the reporting of test results

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Wed Dec 22 02:12:08 EST 2010

On 22 December 2010 17:19, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> Yes, there is a hole between steps 3 and 4, but I don't think it has
> anything to do with raising bugs.  I think that for many activities, the
> author may not watch the bug tracking system, the mailing lists, and may
> never receive the feedback.  The number of duplicate bugs also suggests
> this.

Perhaps as a compromise, the testers could make sure to CC the
relevant developer/team. Then it becomes that team's responsibility to
log it in their system.

Right now we're seeing results posted on, for example, the testing
list, and the devs don't even know that their project is being
discussed unless they read every message on that particular list.

Sridhar