[olpc-nz] [Testing] Improving the reporting of test results

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Dec 22 02:27:35 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 06:12:08PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> Perhaps as a compromise, the testers could make sure to CC the
> relevant developer/team. Then it becomes that team's responsibility to
> log it in their system.

I don't see a reliable way to identify the relevant developer or team,
especially for activities.  Some activities have a MAINTAINER file, but
that's hardly accessible to testers.

> Right now we're seeing results posted on, for example, the testing
> list, and the devs don't even know that their project is being
> discussed unless they read every message on that particular list.

If you find a developer who is ignoring that list, remind them what it
might contain and invite them to subscribe.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/