[olpc-nz] [Testing] Fwd: Testing 28th August 2010 - Tracey

Alli Witheford alzeih at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 03:40:00 EDT 2010

On 31/08/10 18:31 , James Cameron wrote:
> It should also affect Ollie,
> Shadow, Aslan, and Camelot.  My B2 units are in the same serial number
> range.

Hi. I'm currently testing on Camelot:

> While you probably knew to turn off idle suspend, you might not have
> realised that lid close will also trigger the problem.  Restarting
> should fix it, as you found.

I was shown a workaround at the Wellington meeting last week that may be
useful: Go to Power under My Settings, and untick "Automatic Power
Management" (you will probably need to restart too).

It will then reconnect after shutting the lid and losing connection. (I
just tried this, but of course your own experience may differ).

I think it was also mentioned that this change prevents the wifi being
placed into irreversible (until a restart) standby if unused for some
time after boot.

Alli Witheford