[olpc-nz] [Testing] Fwd: Testing 28th August 2010 - Tracey

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 31 02:31:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:57:46PM +1200, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Our newest tester, Tracey has reported the below on testing os373pyg
> on XO-1.5
>
> Poppy copy
> - shut lid down and immediately disconnected the wireless
> - had to restart computer to log back onto the wireless

"Poppy copy" is one of your laptop names, per
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand (Laptop 19) ... and since the
serial number starts with SHC937, week 37 of 2009, it is likely to be an
XO-1.5 B2 which loses wireless on suspend.  It should also affect Ollie,
Shadow, Aslan, and Camelot.  My B2 units are in the same serial number
range.

While you probably knew to turn off idle suspend, you might not have
realised that lid close will also trigger the problem.  Restarting
should fix it, as you found.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/