[olpc-nz] Testing for non-sugar thingy.

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 04:27:44 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Neil Graham <Lerc at screamingduck.com>wrote:

> Are the Welly testers up for some non-sugar XO testing?
>
> I'm working on a home dir based install of another environment,
> The plan is to co-habitate with sugar and perhaps allow switching
> the way that the XO-1.5 is doing with Gnome.
>
> My system is targeted at the XO-1 (so it is much more lightweight than
> gnome) and I've been setting things up on mine here (down in
> Christchurch), but my poor wee XO has never been in mesh range of one of
> its kin.
>
> The design aims to have the install to go almost completely on SD-Card
> (which does mean a little bit of sudo mucking around)
>
> You mount either all or a portion of an SD-Card in /home/olpc/usr via
> fstab.  This setup treats the sd-card as a fixed drive, not removable
> media (which I believe was the original idea).

Hi Neil-
Sounds like a great thing to try out. Do you have a URL? The short answer is
yes, I'm sure we would love to help out.

It may not be this weekend though - we may be inducting a few new members to
Sugar + XOs and will be without a few regulars.

Tim McNamara
 http://www.timmcnamara.co.nz
 http://twitter.com/timClicks