[OLPC-Jamaica] XO Laptop funding in Jamaica

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:39:34 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Dmitri Dawkins <uten.jm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have been speaking with the NEET Project in Negril
> (www.neetja.com) and they are interested in giving away OLPC's. Is there any
> documentation or guidelines for seeking funding for OLPC laptops? also can
> an organisation order 1000, but only take delivery of 100/200 per month?
> Please let me know, thanks
> Dmitri

Briefly trying to answer your queries:

Q: Is there any documentation or guidelines for seeking funding for
OLPC laptops?

Are you interested in looking for a donor or does NEET already have the money?

Q:Also can an organisation order 1000, but only take delivery of
100/200 per month?

I don't know. I'd imagine the delivery would depend on volume (easier
to deliver in one shot), but its just my guess. Another option would
be for us to warehouse it somewhere in JM.

I hope someone from OLPC can provide better answers (Adam?, SJ?). I'm
not qualified to provide specifics...just guesses :-)

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University