[OLPC-Jamaica] XO Laptop funding in Jamaica

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:34:35 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Dmitri Dawkins <uten.jm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have been speaking with the NEET Project in Negril
> (www.neetja.com) and they are interested in giving away OLPC's. Is there any
> documentation or guidelines for seeking funding for OLPC laptops? also can
> an organisation order 1000, but only take delivery of 100/200 per month?
> Please let me know, thanks
> Dmitri

Hi Dmitri,

Sorry about the long pause in replying, but you should talk to the
folks at UWI about this possible deployment. It may very well run in
parallel with the August Town Primary School efforts. I'd suggest
talking to Mahesh Boodraj, or Greg Baker, or Maurice McNaughton (Dir.
at the Center of Excellence at MSB) if you can get on his schedule.

I'd appreciate it if you can keep this list updated as well.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.