[Olpc-Haiti] [support-gang] our Haiti translation site's now in English+ French + on Facebook too!

Elissa Carmichael elissajean at me.com
Sun Feb 21 20:59:34 EST 2010

Hello,

Regarding volunteers for working up translations sofloxo has been working locally (south Florida area) to line up Krayol  [translation] contributors  / cultural advisors and users for current and continuing support of needs organized via project code named Exterieur Vert (pre quake known as XO Mobile lending library).  The officially unofficial initial project team is two kind gentlemen from CCMIAMI, one lucky kid from Delray Beach Public Library and myself (with olpc advisement.)

Regarding volunteers' quality, method, media of worked up translations and the various, inevitable, evolving accents, noun naming conventions, and spelling could be handled with same type of method as are other 'locales'  such and English and French, ala en_US, en_GB, en_AU, en_NZ.  And follow the same convention for languages like French with variations per country and per region of France.

Sincerely,
Elissa Jean