[OLPC-Chicago] XO help

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 11:10:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Jeffrey A. Schwartz
<jasermd at comcast.net> wrote:

> Again, anyone that has some specific line by line instructions on how to add
> JAVA, Flash, a media player and getting Opera into the main menu – it would
> be greatly appreciated by me. I was also serious in offering to pay someone
> to do this for me if someone has the time available. I also read about a
> "batch script" on some sites. Is this something that someone sets up and by
> accessing it all of the correct files will download and install correctly?
> If so, maybe I can get someone to help me in this way.

Maybe we could have a meetup for new users to walk through these things?

I just got an XO and wouldn't mind walking through typical scenarios
from the viewpoint of a naive user. Maybe this is a good "Teach Me"
activity?

Another Teach Me activity I'd like is one for setting up a developer
environment.

--
sheila