[OLPC-Chicago] Teacher Jam - Tuesday, July 29

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 23:06:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Andrea Lai <andrea at ilxo.org> wrote:
> Hello --
>
> Nikki's mentioned this before, but we now have more details set up for
> Teacher Jam - Google Chicago has graciously offered up space for the evening
> to host the event :)
>
> We want to have people get together to discuss XO usage within the classroom
> and identify areas where it's lacking in resources or other useful
> content/activities. Following that, we'll be brainstorming ways of
> addressing those needs - and we'll be implementing what of those suggestions
> as we can at Game Jam the following week.
>
> We'd love to have anyone passionate about education swing by and let us know
> how they envision ideal usage of the XO in a classroom.
>
> Tuesday, July 29
> 5 - 9 pm
> Google Chicago
> 20 W. Kinzie St.
> Chicago, IL
>
> Please RSVP to office at ilxo.org, and feel free to send any questions,
> comments, or suggestions our way.
>
> Thanks!
> Andrea

The annual Python programming conference, PyCon, will be in Chicago
again next year. We would love to have a demonstration session with
teachers, students, and parents showing the Python programmers what
they do with Sugar (which is written in Python). Has anybody tried out
Pippy with children?

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/