[OLPC-Chicago] the chicago summer

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:41:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm out of the loop on work that is happening to make the chicago
>  summer office happen.
>
>  Have we found participants already? How many people do we want to
>  contact? Do we have any flyers? What do I tell people?
>
>  I reached out  to the youth volunteer coordinator at IRIM to gauge
>  interest in participating with an OLPC group. He said that it sounds
>  interesting but not at this time. This summer they are focusing on an
>  incoming group of people who are mostly pre-literate and he needs to
>  direct resources towards teaching basic language and health skills.

Just our target group! Well, we don't have the health content in place
and we don't have the text-to-speech engine in all of the activities,
so he's right. But it may be worthwhile to ask him for a list of
content and the lesson plans they use, and see about XO-izing it all
for next year.

>  --
>  sheila

Edward Cherlin