[OLPC-Chicago] Hi There...

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 11:57:33 EDT 2007

On 5/1/07, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:

> I've downloaded the Fedora image:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Images#Fedora_Core_6_Build -- but I
> can't convert it to VMWare on Windows.  I think it's a problem with the
> latest qemu Windows release.  I'll have to try that on Linux; I think
> it's something like:

This is my next step.  I recently upgraded my Ubuntu machine to Fiesty
Fawn and installed qemu in anticipation of not doing Vmware (the qemu
images are updated more frequently).  That said, there's a teeny
learning curve for qemu that I need to spend some time on, but won't
be able to until next week.

On 5/1/07, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy, Chris, all...
>
> My first efforts on parallels / OS X were a complete failure. I'm in
> the very very far suburbs now (Austin TX) but I haven't found a sugar
> buddy in Austin so I hope to follow along some.
>
> If I need to buy non-Apple hardware for this I am willing.

Or, you can use OLPC to justify buying a fancy new Intel mac (I did
this, ask my wife.  "sweetie, this mac is for the chilllldren.")  I'm
really doing the majority of my (limited, non-functioning) sugar
tinkering on my amd linux box though.

Chris