[OLPC-AU] Unable to Browse the Internet from XO

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Mon Jan 30 01:23:58 EST 2012

On 27 January 2012 12:45, HALL,Brian C <brian.hall02 at uwimona.edu.jm> wrote:

> Good Day All,
>
> I am currently using the 1.5 XO at a couple of schools. I am  able to
> connect to the school server and hence access moodle  instance on the
> server itself. However i am unable to browse the internet from the XO.

OK you have dhcp/dns working between the XO's and the XS, how is eth1
receiving it's ip address? What is missing in the stock XS-0.6 config is
external name resolution. You need alter the named-xs.conf.in file as per:
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=XS_Techniques_and_Configuration&action=edit&section=24and
add your isp's dns server as forwarders to that file.

Jerry