[OLPC-AU] Unable to Browse the Internet from XO

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Jan 29 23:38:02 EST 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 1:45 PM, HALL,Brian C wrote:

> Good Day All,
>
> I am currently using the 1.5 XO at a couple of schools. I am  able to connect to the school server and hence access moodle instance on the server itself. However i am unable to browse the internet from the XO.

Can you provide a little more information about your installation ?

> I have connected the ETH1 to the ISP switch and still no success.

What IP address gets assigned to the ETH1 interface on the school server ?
(Type "ifconfig" on the server to get this info)

Can you access the internet from the school server itself ?

What happens when you try to access the internet from the laptop ?
Does DNS work ?  (what happens when you type: "dig www.apple.com" ?)
Can you ping outside the school server internal network ?

Cheers,
wad