[OLPC Networking] Wireless Recommendations

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:14:35 EDT 2008

Hi Ricardo
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Ricardo Carrano <carrano at laptop.org> wrote:

> Dear all!
>
> So, continuing with our current work on the recommendations for
> improving scalability and reliability of the XO mesh, I started the
> following wiki page:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Recommendations
>
> There is a *lot* of meat to add there, but before going deep into that
> I would like to ask for:
>
> - Comments/suggestions on the page structure;
> - Check the completness of the list of recommendations;
> - Suggest a better name (than Wireless Recommendations)
>
> Note: I'm sure the page is incomplete with relation to the
> 802.11s/thin firmware future steps. Michiail, would you please add the
> respective headings. I know you summarized that recently on a conf
> call but I was constantly being kicked off due to a crappy skype
> connection.
>
> As soon as we close the first round of discussions in the topics above
> I'll move on and populate the pages. The idea is of course to move as
> quickly as possible to the "action" phase.
>
> Cheers!
> Ricardo

This is a good page. really needed,

Comments: i'd like to see more about how this recommendations can be
implemented in the field (i.e deployments) .
and also another kind of recomendations that could be added is for example
what kind of wireles APs are know to work better with the XO.
I'm refering maybe to recomendations more focused to practical situations.

Are these recomendations on the scope of your page?

--
Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
One Laptop Per Child
rafael at laptop.org