[OLPC Networking] Wireless Recommendations

Ricardo Carrano carrano at laptop.org
Wed Aug 6 21:40:17 EDT 2008

Dear all!

So, continuing with our current work on the recommendations for
improving scalability and reliability of the XO mesh, I started the
following wiki page:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Recommendations

There is a *lot* of meat to add there, but before going deep into that
I would like to ask for:

- Comments/suggestions on the page structure;
- Check the completness of the list of recommendations;
- Suggest a better name (than Wireless Recommendations)

Note: I'm sure the page is incomplete with relation to the
802.11s/thin firmware future steps. Michiail, would you please add the
respective headings. I know you summarized that recently on a conf
call but I was constantly being kicked off due to a crappy skype
connection.

As soon as we close the first round of discussions in the topics above
I'll move on and populate the pages. The idea is of course to move as
quickly as possible to the "action" phase.

Cheers!
Ricardo